S1 - EP2: Jack of All Trades, Master of None...

 
"A jack of all trades, master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one"

     Since childhood, I always have been a talented kid. Always trying new things because I am fast learner and on top of that, I like to achieve and experience something new. When I was in third grade, I joined a Rondalla group in our school. There goes my first instrument, Banduria. I attend practice until I am fluent with it. It was not easy but I feel satisfied whenever I play a difficult piece. Afterwards, I started to look for a new instruments. My family bought me a piano, guitar, flute, violin, and ukulele. Because of that, I joined a band and started song-writing along with singing too. I really love making music. 

    But that isn't where I stopped. I also became interested in visual arts. First is drawing, I tried to draw the anime characters that I watch. Then proceed to do calligraphy and landscape painting. I tired different mediums like watercolor, color pencil, markers, gouache, acrylic, charcoal, and now digital art. I can say that I'm not the expert but I like and enjoy making art even though I am not that good compared to others.

    I also have a talent for photography and video making, as well as editing. I really enjoy taking photos because I prefer to capture the emotions of my subject behind the camera than be the subject itself. My parents bought me two camera and some equipments that I still use until now. I joined many competitions to gain experience. Some won and some didn't but it is fine for I enjoy what I do. I still continue to practice my skill with camera and will never stop capturing life itself.

    Recently, I am hooked with graphic design. I joined some organizations and I always choose to be part of the creatives committee. I enjoy making pubmats because it looks so pleasing to the eye. I am still learning it but I must say that this new thing that I unlocked within myself makes me excited. 


    Overall, I am jack of all trades. I might not be the best with all the talents I have but it is definitely better than focusing on only one. My future course is also like a jack of all trades and all the talents I possess amounts to my course. In the future, I would continue to improve myself and master everything.

Comments

  1. It is better to acknowledge one talent's and focus on it rather than be envious with everybody else right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Just like the motivational quote says, "Always strive to improve yourself."

      Delete
  2. Same here, Ella! I also can’t master all the skills I obtain but I enjoy exploring different things. I am rooting for you and your future endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s okay to explore and polish as many skills and talents as you want. It might someday help you or be useful in every career that you may take in the future. Nothing to be ashamed for being such a versatile and talented woman! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! There's nothing wrong with exploring different things as long as you enjoy it. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Ate you're so inspiring. And although many po are left in a situation where they feel they don't excel at anything, it's best to just go with whatever you enjoy and not compare yourself to stereotypes from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes you're right. Learning to ignore stereotypes is one way to succeed.

      Delete
  5. It's nice to know that you're not only gaining new skill but also polishing them. Continue to inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOOOO! You are so talented. Ate I'm really amazed about what you can do. Good luck on your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t know what my real talent is. I never considered myself good at something. Do you have any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am really amazed at people like you, you're very talented! As someone who likes to try many things too, the statement "A jack of all trades, master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one," really comforted me. Thank you for this, Ella, and I hope I can learn from you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I can teach you a trick or two. Although it takes time, I know you'll get hang with it.

      Delete
  9. A talented artist indeed. Let's jam again sometime Ella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for the time we could play again. Let's meet up, Ali!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

S1 - EP3: Dream to be a Dreamer